Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thing 12: Do you Digg?

No, I don't Digg or Mixx or Reddit. Since I am at an elementary school, I don't think it would be something that would be useful for instruction. Perhaps staff members would appreciate knowing about it, but I must admit I do not have the time nor spend the time using this type of service. I can understand how it would be useful for public librarians to get an idea of what is important to the public. I find it to be one of the many ways people can interact, which is one of the most important tools of the Internet. It also seems to be yet another way to spend hours upon hours on the Internet and not necessarily come out any wiser. It is important to remember that these services provide a way to measure popularity, not necessarily importance.

No comments: