Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing 17: ELM Productivity Tools

This was a great Thing with very useful ideas. I especially like NetLibrary for personal professional development and the ability to keep track of what I read, with the notes feature. It will be so great to be able to track down where information was gotten and be able to immediately share the information with colleagues. The same is true for the ProQuest Newstand, although I will be less likely to use this tool. It is incredible how many resources will be available at my fingertips through ELM.

I have ELM on the homepage for students to use, but have not had a lot of success using it because the text is a bit too difficult. The plus will be for the staff to use ELM for their own professional development, and that will be something to share in the up-coming school year.

No comments: