Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing 14: Library Thing

Somewhere on the site someone referred to Library Thing as "my space for books" which seemed a great way to describe the site. For those true librarians, who even have their home collections organized, it is an excellent resource. Like most sites, it has an abundance of information and tools you can use for any book lover. I talked with a friend who is a public librarian who says she does go onto the site, but does not really use it yet, although she keeps track of everything she ever reads, which would be an excellent use for this site. I haven't thought of a way to use LibraryThing in my work, yet.

I was looking around on the site and found a blog about someone going to Wikimania 2008 in Egypt. It struck me as odd that the conference was going to be in real space rather than cyberspace.

No comments: