Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing 23: Final Thoughts

23 Things on a Stick has been a wonderful experience. The format of being able to focus on one Thing at a time made the learning manageable, even when there were several parts involved to one topic. I appreciated being able to pace myself on my own time line, and doing it over the summer allowed me to devote big blocks of time (good thing, too, since the hours would fly by!). There was a variety of learning experiences so it was not all reading, which helped keep the pace going. Look at Thing 22 for a list of the highlights, although I am really excited about flickr and BigHugeLabs because those are tools I know I will be using at my schools.
The added incentive of being able to earn CEU's was the reason I kept going when I got bogged down on social networking (I am too old and introverted to take to this idea automatically!) No matter what the Thing was, it was easy to see the value in knowing about it and applying it to my work experience.

23 Things was great because at no time did I feel like pulling out my hair or run screaming from the computer!

No comments: