Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing 7: Communication Tools

I am light years behind on the use of communication tools at my school library. While my email address is found on the school website, I have never been contacted through email. The main contact is by phone or parents will drop by. I am hoping to add to the website, perhaps also add a blog.

I have taken an online class, but am now interested in some informal learning through MINITEX and their webinars, past and future. I reviewed: Podcasting: What is all the buzz about? which was an excellent review of information that I have heard, but did not necessarily learn. It was a "thump on the head", reminding me how important it is for many learners to have the information available in a form they can listen and re-listen to in order to understand. This would be an excellent tool for students, especially at the elementary level.

I also looked at OPAL and am planning on looking at the archives for more training. It works better through Internet Explorer than Mozilla. Hopefully I will remember that next time I go there. It looks like another great resource for inspiration.

No comments: